Saturday, April 24, 2010

Randomosity

3 topics for today's blog post:

1) I lost my eraser. Yes, this is a really big deal. I freaked out in the past because I lost it, but then I found it the next day, exactly where I had left it in class. I'm hoping the same thing will happen this time. But, I need to have a contingency plan, so, dear blog readers, if any of you would be so kind as to go to your local Walmart to pick up this eraser for me (in case they suddenly stop making them or something...), that would be awesome.



These things are awesome. The best eraser ever, especially if you have to erase very small things, like the dots on Arabic letters. I don't know how I'll manage for the last month of classes.

Note, I think I'll have to have a more utilitarian eraser when I get back to Purdue and have to erase more like 3/4th of a page instead of just single dots...

2) I've been trying to use up the nearly 3 pounds of ground beef that we have in our refrigerator. Last night I decided to make spaghetti with meat sauce. I was trying to brown some of the meat, but it seemed to be taking forever. Eventually it got to the point that the meat started sticking to the bottom of the pan...but the meat was still red. So I added some water and continued to cook. It hardly changed color at all. Eating red meat freaks me out, so after standing there for a really long time hoping the meat was done, I decided just to pour the tomato sauce over it and pretend like it really was browned.

But next day I still had nearly 2 pounds of meat to use, so I decided to make a meatloaf. After getting the recipe from my mom, I put the concoction in the oven (at the proper temperature), and cooked it for "just under an hour," like my mom told me. That way it wouldn't get too brown on top. Well, at 45 minutes, I decided to see the progress, but it was still bright red! The onions in it were black, but the meat was still red!

Eating red meat freaks me out. I don't want to get some weird Egyptian cow disease. Anyway, if I get sick tonight, then I will know the reason why...

Has anyone else ever had this problem with meat before?

3) Speaking of being sick, for some reason I've been in pain for the last 3 days right under the bottom of my rib cage (both sides). I don't know what the problem is, but it really hurts to laugh or sneeze or breathe deeply, to the point that when I feel a sneeze coming, as I'm breathing in right before, I wince in pain so that the sneeze never happens. Anyone had anything like this happen before? I haven't exercised in a really long time, so there's no way it's a pulled muscle...and I drink nearly 3 liters of water a day...I don't know.

WebMD has told me that it could be diverticulitis, an ulcer, various kinds of cancer, or gall stones...

I'm hoping that it's something that will go away with a little bit of Advil.

Oh, and just one more thing:

1 MORE MONTH FROM TODAY (MARCH 24) THAT I COME HOME!!!

Can't believe it!

Have a nice Saturday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The best I can figure 1 of 3 things has happened:
1-you live in the past by exactly 1 month
2-you wrote this post almost 1 month ago and have been secretly at home for the past month
3-in your lost eraser, red meat eating, and lower rib cage pained state of mind you forgot that it is April and no longer March.
Feel better. Good luck finding the eraser. Look forward to seeing you back in the states.
-Josh

Post a Comment