Thursday, April 15, 2010

Profile: Lucy

To give you a better idea of who some of my friends are in Egypt, I thought I would create a short profile of one of my friends, Lucy. Johan, Rachel, and I love to make fun of Lucy, and I suppose this profile is just a slight continuation of that...

When you meet Lucy, you will probably first notice that she is rather short. But I guess calling someone short is demeaning, so she likes to refer to herself "fun-sized." This is Lucy...

Lucy wearing my gigantic shoes

Lucy laughs a lot. She also freaks out a lot, especially when there are bees or moths in the apartment (which, by the way, are HUGE...we've had 3 bees in the apartment that were about an inch long. They actually ARE terrifying)

Lucy reacting to the attack of the killer...moth...

Lucy loves rice. She also loves to make LOTS of rice. We never, never have to worry about not having enough rice to eat.

Who wants some?

Lucy is a musician and a dancer. Random playing of the "drums" and random dances are common.

Lucy dancing and playing the "drum"

Lucy says a few phrases at least once a day. These include but are not limited to:
  1. I just want to dance
  2. I just want to play the piano
  3. I wish I had my harmonica
  4. I want to go to ______ (a baseball game, Dahab, the beach...)
  5. Let's do something
  6. I'm bored
  7. Talk to me
  8. I'm so over this
  9. نعم؟
  10. So my friends Wes and Lauren...
Lucy also likes to make lists when she talks. For example, if I say, "I want to go to the movies," Lucy will say, "I don't want to go to the movies because 1) that sounds boring 2) it's too far away 3) ..."

Lucy in her blanket

I suppose I could write a bit more, but Lucy is currently telling me, "Ben, I'm bored. Let's do something," so I need to go!

Have a good Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment