Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Week in Bullet Points

I should be working on Arabic homework right now, but I want to put it off for a little bit. So in the meantime:

  • I bought some peanut butter yesterday at "Best Buy." It is not an electronics store in Egypt but a nice little supermarket in El Rehab city. Peanut butter and sliced bread (which is also uncommon in Egypt) have never tasted so good.
  • Yesterday there was a football game in Cairo. Football is a huge deal, so we got to cheer on Egypt as they were playing Costa Rica. As we were watching, I saw a girl who's in my Arabic class on TV. She has long, blonde hair, so she was very easy to spot. We might be going to a football game this weekend...it should be fun.
  • This weekend I get to go to Fatimid Cairo, including Al-Azhar mosque, which is pretty much the Harvard of the Sunni Muslim world. I can't wait. I should have pictures up shortly after I return.
  • My roommate, whose name is Mohab, finally moved in. He brought a full-sized refrigerator with him. He's cool, though. He invited me to his house during Thanksgiving break, so I'll probably take him up on the offer.
  • There is a "Gucci corner" at AUC where all the people with expensive clothes hang out. I think I'll probably join them. And speaking of clothing, I'm really sad I didn't remember to pack my "I love math" t-shirt.
Ok, folks. That's all for now. I suppose I should really get some Arabic homework done! Have a happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

abbey said...

1. Your use of the word "though" in Bullet Point #3 implies that someone who totes around a full-size refrigerator is not cool.
2. I will send you a Prada man-purse for Christmas so you'll feel more comfortable in Gucciville.
3. Miss you!
Kisses,
Your Adoring Sister

Post a Comment