Sunday, March 7, 2010

Locked In...

This weekend Lucy and I decided to go to Family Fun Land, or something like that. When our taxi drive dropped us off in the general area of Family Fun Land, we were kind of concerned because the area didn't look all that family-friendly...it was kind of run down and trashy. But then we wandered around for a little bit and eventually found what we were looking for--the ice skating rink! It was definitely not like the nice rinks we have in America, but it was still fun to go skating for 30 minutes. We may have skated long if 1) the rink didn't smell like there were 1000 cats living there 2) the ice wasn't bumpy and 3) the skates weren't from the 1950s and had a little bit of padding in them...it was painful.

But I went ice skating in Egypt. That's all I really wanted to do.

Sunday morning as I was getting ready to leave for school, Lucy decided to take out the trash. Normally when you unlock our door you have to turn your key 3 times before it's completely unlocked. I noticed that she kept turning and turning and turning. Then she tried another key and kept turning and turning and turning. Then I tried my key. It wouldn't open. We tried putting pressure on the door, but nothing helped. We were locked in.

I saw from the 5th floor of our building the bus that I was supposed to be on leave without me.

We called our landlady and she basically said that there was nothing she could do. We called the man who lives in our building and takes care of things like jammed doors. Fortunately he was wake and was able to come up and get us out. Just had to break a small piece of wood off the frame and tighten up a screw. But at least we're not locked in our house.

Have a good Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment