Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Storm

Just this morning I was thinking about how I miss having thunderstorms. Every once in awhile it's nice to have a good round of thunder and lightning. Well, my wish was granted this evening. Take a look at the video, taken from our apartment during the sundown call to prayer:


Earlier this week there was a bomb that went off in Cairo at a synagogue. Don't worry, though, it didn't hurt anyone. The authorities expect that the man who detonated it did so as a sort of retaliation for Israeli actions in Gaza and the West Bank. You can read an article about it here.

For the last 2 days I've had a fever and haven't had too much energy. It's no fun being 5,000 miles from home and being sick. Hopefully I'll be up to snuff later this weekend so I don't have to miss any more classes.

Have a good Thursday!

1 comment:

abbey said...

Can I make you some chicken soup and send it via airmail?

Feel better soon, love you! Analeigh says, Bababa (= hi!)

Post a Comment