Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Off to Luxor

Now that Corey and I have hit the highlights of Cairo (pyramids, Islamic Cairo, Khan el-Khalili), we're off to the southern part of the country--Luxor, Aswan, and Abu Simbel. I've never been to Aswan or Abu Simbel, so those will be especially nice to see.

I told Corey that I was going to have him learn as much Arabic as possible while he's here, and he's done a really good job so far. Today I made a math quiz for him (I tested him both verbally and on paper). So he's got the numerals down from 0-10 so far...before too long he'll be up to 100, I'm sure. He's also got some of the other essentials down like, "I don't want anything" and "Praise be to God."

Since I'm not using my computer over the next month, all of my posts will most likely be short, and I doubt I'll be able to upload pictures until I get back to the university...sorry!

Anyway, have a happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment