Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas is in the Air

It's not nearly as obvious as it is in the U.S. that it's Christmastime, but this afternoon we got a little taste of Christmas. We went to Lucy's aunt's house (which was festively decorated) for a Christmas/birthday/good-bye/everything celebration. There was a lot of good Egyptian-style food (yes please for more grape leaves!). Here's a couple of pictures:

My name is Henry, and I love Christmas!

Lucy, Lucy's cousin, and Rachel

Johan and Rachel.
Johan's thinking, "I sure do love getting my picture taken...especially when I get to wear this awesome Santa Claus hat!"


Afterwards, Rachel and I went to meet with a real estate agent in Maadi, one of the boroughs in Cairo. Johan, Rachel, and I plan to live in an apartment next semester. We think we found a good one, so we're going to try to hammer out a deal with the seller over the next few days...hopefully.

Since getting back from Israel, I've been busy with school-work. I finished my paper about the divine attributes of God, and I'm pretty pleased with it. My next post I will be a summary of it as well as a link to the whole copy, for those who are interested. I've got a test tomorrow, which is strange because then the next week is finals week...which is hard to believe.

Before I peace out, I found this awesome Christmas song today, and I thought I should share it with you!



Have a wonderful Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment