Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm Coming Home

I'm coming home!

In a few hours I will be leaving this place that has been my home for the last 2 months. It's been such a fun time, and I'm very grateful to have had this opportunity. If you are in college and want something amazing to do next summer, I highly recommend applying for the Critical Language Scholarship program from the US Department of State.

I will miss all the people I have met, I will miss seeing little lizards in the bathroom while I'm taking showers, I will miss getting sandwiches from the "melbana," I will miss having freshly squeezed orange juice for breakfast every morning, and so many other things. Morocco has been a wonderful country to live in for the summer.

But I am ready to get back. I can't wait to see my family and friends, I can't wait to eat some of Mama Stirgwolt's cooking (peach cobbler, please, Mom!), I can't wait to drive a car again, I can't wait to get back to Purdue and graduate and see what lies ahead...

Yesterday we had our final party. The guest of honor at our party was Mohammad from the melbana. He has got to be one of the most genuinely friendly people I have ever met. He has been incredibly nice to us all summer, so we invited him to the party. After the party ended, a few of us went to the melbana to buy some juice. Mohammad told us, completely honestly and graciously, that it was the best night of his life. I will miss him a lot.

Nina, Mohammad, and me at the melbana.

This is the melbana where I bought a majority of my food this summer.

Well, once again, this is the last blog post that I will be putting up for awhile. I had no idea that this blog would have even been resurrected this summer, and I really don't know when it will come back again. Let's hope that it's soon...

I wonder what the what will be in the blank: Ben's _______ Adventure...

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope that I will see you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment