Thursday, September 10, 2009

Uh, is the water tower empty?

Here are a couple of panoramic pictures I made from the pyramids trip last week. If you click on either of them, you'll get a much larger image.



One of the things I'm expecting to take away from my time in Egypt is the ability to roll with the punches. After sitting on the patio enjoying the morning sunshine and eating breakfast, I walked up to my bathroom to rinse out my bowl of شوكو بامبس "Choco Bumps" residue, but no water came out of the faucet. Alright, no biggie. At least I was able to take my shower earlier in the morning. Ten minutes later when I was walking to class with a friend, he pointed out that the fountains (of which we have about a zillion around campus) were working. Good thing. As long as our fountains work, we're good to go!

On a side note, Choco Bumps are not as good as the Honey Flakes. However, I have yet to try the Choco Pops or the Choco Bits, which are all of the same brand. Next time I go to buy cereal, I'm probably going to get the Choco Pops, which I think are similar to chocolate rice krispies. Choco Bits are similar to Cocoa Puffs, but there is no American equivalent (that I know of) for Choco Bumps. Aren't you glad you know all that?

I've officially completed my first week of classes in Egypt! Overall, I haven't had too much work to do, except for my Arabic class. The main difference between my classes here and those at Purdue is the size. I don't have a class with more than 25 people in it. My smallest class, which is my Arabic class, has 6 people. It's pretty sweet.

On another side note, the professor for my course about Islam is a former Boilermaker! I was pleasantly surprised. He studied math and then went on to Near Eastern studies at Princeton. I was quite excited...

This weekend I'm going on a trip to Alexandria, so I'll most likely post some pictures and blog about it on Sunday. Have a nice Thursday!


1 comment:

abbey said...

No cereal should have the word "bumps" in it. "Bumps" are reserved for injuries, road conditions and skin diseases. Just sayin.

Post a Comment