Wednesday, September 30, 2009

From Jordan...

As swine flu break continues, I am enjoying my time on the Sinai peninsula. Rough life, eh? I have a lot of pictures to show, but for now I have two panoramics:

This first one is from Petra, on top of a mountain, near the monastery (see next picture). In the distance you can see Israel.


This is the monastery in Petra, which is probably the coolest part of the whole city. When I upload more pictures, you will be able to see how huge this monument is. For now, just trust me--it's huge!
I know in my last post I said that Luxor was the coolest place I've been so far, but now I have a new number one pick--Petra. Jordan in general is a wonderfully beautiful country. The Sinai region is much more mountainous than I had expected. Getting there by ferry from Egypt was the terribly difficult part. It was chaotic, to say the least. Fortunately, we made it through unscathed, even though it was quite stressful.

I'll be uploading more pictures later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm starting to wonder if you started a swine flu rumor just so you could go galavanting all over tarnation...
What are you using to create your panoramas? They look great.
And I'm pretty sure that one with the entranceway is where the holy grail was stored-at least thats what my memory of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade says.

ben said...

I know, it was strange going back to school today. My camera (Canon PowerShot) came with "Photo Stich" software. Most of the panoramas are a series of 4 or 5 pictures merged together. It's really easy and fun to make.

As we were walking down between the cliffs, the tour guide showed us where they did the filming of Indiana Jones...but I doubt they did it at the monastery because it's pretty high up the mountain. It was probably done at the treasury (see the most recent pictures I posted today).

Post a Comment