Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Nearing the End

How in the world is it that I have less than 2 weeks until I'm back in the U.S? It's very hard to believe that I've been in Egypt for so long (9 months). I really want to get back home, but in a way, I've been able to make Egypt my home, at least temporarily. So, for that reason, I'm also not looking forward to leaving.

Next week is finals week (even though I'll still have classes on Sunday and Monday), and then I'll have 4 days off to do whatever I want before I leave. I still need to see a couple more things in the greater Cairo area and buy souvenirs. Honestly the only thing I've bought for myself is an Arabic/English dictionary and a couple of kids' books written in Arabic. If you have any special requests for something you'd like, you'd better let me know soon so I can get it for you!

It has been really warm recently, reaching to 109 F a few days ago! This is one thing that I don't think I'll miss. However, I think I'll have to wear sweatshirts for awhile when I get back to Ohio...mid-50s just isn't going to cut it for me.

Last weekend we went to the Giza zoo, and I took some pictures, which follow.


Johan, Lucy, and Rachel enjoying the Giza zoo, despite the heat

Egyptian children gathered around the employee feeding the seals

At the elephant house

What's a trip to the zoo without some cotton candy?

Rachel in front of the crocodile

Lion cubs

Well, I think I've done a fairly effective job and procrastinating--2 hour nap, making pancakes, and updating the blog...I suppose I should do some homework!

Have a good Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment