Monday, August 24, 2009

3 Days and Counting

Welcome to my blog. It will be an interesting 9 months, and there will likely be many stories to tell, so I hope you enjoy the ride!

In case you haven't gotten all of the details: I will be flying out of Cleveland on Thursday and will arrive in Cairo at noon on Friday, August 28th. We have a week-long orientation program before classes start on Sunday, September 6th. I'll be living on campus this first semester so as to avoid the long bus ride to campus (from what I understand it is at least a 30 minute drive from downtown Cairo to the location of the school). I'll primarily be studying Arabic (about 9 hours a week), but I'll also be taking mechanical engineering, art and architecture of the city of Cairo, and a class about Islam. Not quite a typical Purdue semester for me...

These next few days will go by quickly as I check off the final things on my to-do list before I begin to walk like the Egyptians!

For an awesome song, some awesome hair, and some mad tambourine skills, see this video:

For more information, this is the school that I'm going to:

Here are some pictures from this summer, including my niece, Analeigh:

My next post will likely be coming to you FROM CAIRO!

No comments:

Post a Comment